Lead a growing team of 600+ Flight Attendants and Inflight Supervisory team members to deliver industry-leading safety, operational reliability, and financial performance, while meeting regulatory/contractual obligations and developing a culture of engagement and partnership. This will be accomplished one journey at a time while taking care of each other and our guests.
• Ensure the welfare of each other and our guests is an ongoing safety practice.
• Anticipate the needs of each other and our guests by exceeding expectations in attentiveness.
• Develop and lead an exceptional group of Team Members by fostering commitment, trust, and support to drive team engagement.
• Ensure that the Inflight team has the tools needed to deliver exceptional operational and service performance.
• Ensure that operational goals and metrics are met or exceeded through strategic planning, initiative execution, Team Member communication, coaching, and accountability.
• Manage and motivate Inflight Base Supervisory teams to ensure superior operational performance and dedication to execution of efficient, safe/secure, customer-friendly day-to-day operations.
• Oversee team member’s performance in accordance to Spirit Airlines values and culture. Manage team member recruitment, training, performance, coaching, development, and disciplinary actions following company best practices, policies, and procedures.
• Provide strategic guidance on employee relations, conflict resolution, and other related issues.
• Develop mentoring program for Inflight Supervisors and Base Managers to strengthen skill sets, increase engagement, and promote professional interactions.
• Ensure that all Spirit and regulatory standards and procedures are followed, including leading the Inflight Emergency Response Program.
• Indirectly responsible for staffing levels, pay-to-block performance, and scheduling. Closely interact and provide recommendations for process improvements, efficiencies, and best practices to Inflight Training, and Compliance & Quality Control departments.
• Establish and maintain productive relationships with operational and non-operational counterparts (e.g. Airport Services, Flight Operations, Technical Operations, Crew Resources, AFA Leadership, FAA, and OSHA).
• May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
• 3 or more years of prior management experience overseeing people leaders required.
• 2 years of base leadership experience required.
• Ability to motivate, mentor, lead, coach, and develop a team.
• Ability to maintain current Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Certification.
• Experience with union collective bargaining agreement administration.
• Flexibility and operational availability 24/7.
• Must pass background check and pre-employment testing.
• Authorization to work in the United States.
• Ability to travel in and out of the USA, and to all countries served by Spirit Airlines.
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it.*
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other applicable employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a workplace free from harassment, discrimination, and retaliation because of age, sex (including pregnancy), race, national origin, disability, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.