Leads the team of Inflight Operations Supervisors who provide support to the 3600+ Flight Attendants 24/7. The Senior Inflight Operations Supervisor (SSOD) supports Inflight and the OCC teams by proactively working, resolving and communicating issues related to regular/irregular operations, emergency response and staffing. This person will be the direct liaison point of contact between all Flight Attendants and Leadership. Delivers industry-leading safety, operational reliability and financial performance, while meeting regulatory/contractual obligations and developing a culture of engagement and partnership. This will be accomplished one journey at a time while taking care of each other and our guests.
• Ensure the welfare of each other and our guests is an ongoing safety practice.
• Anticipate the needs of each other and our guests by exceeding expectations in attentiveness.
• Provide a professional, friendly and seamless experience. Including, showing respect for each other’s and our guest’s time.
• Develop and lead an exceptional group of Team Members by fostering commitment, trust, and support to drive team engagement. Ensure that the Inflight team has the tools needed to deliver exceptional operational and service performance.
• Oversee team members’ performance in accordance with Spirit Airline’s values and culture. Manage team member recruitment, training, performance, coaching, development, and disciplinary actions following company best practices, policies and procedures.
• Ensure that operational goals and metrics are met or exceeded through strategic planning, initiative execution, team member communication, coaching and accountability.
• Manage and motivate SOD team to ensure superior operational performance and dedication to execution of efficient, safe/secure, guest-friendly day-to-day operations.
• Serves as the direct liaison and point of contact between Flight Attendants, Crew Scheduling, and leadership teams.
• Establish and maintain productive relationships with operational counterparts (e.g. Airport Services, Flight Operations, Technical Operations, Crew Resources, AFA Leadership, FAA, and OSHA). Responds to various Flight Attendant operational needs, including advocacy/resolution to scheduling, logistics, catering, and irregular operation (IROP) issues. Provide accurate follow-up and reporting.
• Conducts research, handles special projects, prepares specialized reports, and other tasks as assigned by the Inflight leadership team to support the goals and objectives of the operation.
• Provides timely and detailed briefings to Inflight leadership regarding emergency response, crew staffing, and flight attendant issues/concerns to uphold operational integrity.
• Develop mentoring program for Inflight SODs to strengthen skill sets, increase engagement, and promote professional interactions.
• Directly responsible for tracking performance regarding Delays, Cancellations, MIR3 and all high-profile events. Develops process to improve overall performance.
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position.This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it.*
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other applicable employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a workplace free from harassment, discrimination, and retaliation because of age, sex (including pregnancy), race, national origin, disability, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.